Santa Cruz Art League
The Santa Cruz Art League is an art gallery, theater, classroom, and gift shop. The gallery exhibits are free to the public. The Santa Cruz Art League encourages and supports a wide range of visual and performing artists, professional and recreational alike, in a welcoming environment which celebrates the arts and makes them accessible to the community.
Support the Santa Cruz Art League
In the Gallery
Small Works in a Great Space
You don't have to be big to be beautiful! Join us as we showcase the best of the little in this countywide exhibit.
- Exhibit: December 9 - 23
- Reception: Saturday, December 10, 3-5pm
In the Lobby
These new pieces are about my return to the female figure using a 2D exploration of monoprint, texture and collage to create an environment for the small cut out forms, making a story that may be interpreted in different ways.
- Exhibit: November 19 - December 14, 2016
In the Classroom
2nd Thursday Drop-in Drawing and Painting
Similar to our popular Monday Night Drop-in Drawing class except with longer poses and attendees may choose to either draw or paint. Live nude or draped model. Facilitated by Open Studio Artist Richard Bennett.
- Levels: Previous drawing or painting experience required. No instruction provided.
- Date and Time: 2nd Thursday of each month, 7:00 - 10:00pm
- Location: in the SCAL classroom
- Fee: $16 non-members, $14 members, $10 students
- Facilitator: Richard Bennett
More information about this and other classes can be found at our Art Classes