Santa Cruz Art League
The Santa Cruz Art League is an art gallery, theater, classroom, and gift shop. The gallery exhibits are free to the public. The Santa Cruz Art League encourages and supports a wide range of visual and performing artists, professional and recreational alike, in a welcoming environment which celebrates the arts and makes them accessible to the community.
Support the Santa Cruz Art League
In the Gallery
The Figure Contemporary
Throughout time, the body has served as a subject for artists given the various opportunities it offers for exploring nature’s beauty. The national exhibition will explore a multitude of approaches to showcasing the human form and will be juried by Noah Buchanan.
- Exhibition: February 10, Friday to March 12, Sunday - 2017
- Reception: February 18, Saturday - 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Above artwork "Series at the Pool II", pencil and charcoal, by Anne Feduk (left) and "Repose", charcoal, Arena Shawn (right)
Panoply of Prints
Printmaking has been expanding as an art form, from traditional methods such as engraving and woodcuts to the exciting area of printstallation. This exhibition will showcase an exciting, diverse group of printmakers and will be juried by printmaker and UC Santa Cruz Art Professor Jimin Lee.
- Exhibition: March 17, Friday to April 15, Saturday - 2017 (Easter is April 16, Sunday)
- Reception: March 25, Saturday 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Above artwork "Sunflower VII, E/V", Photopolymer Intaglio (Photogravure), by Hedwig Heerschop
Music at the League
Amy Dabalos, Jazz Singer
Bay Area vocalist Amy Dabalos makes a Santa Cruz debut! “Love in Bloom” features eclectic selections from the American songbook, bossa nova, and contemporary repertoire to celebrate the emergence of spring. Preview her music here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLgfkyzM1kw
- Date and Time: Sunday, March 19 from 5-7pm
- Ticket Price: $15 members/$20 non-members
- Location: Broadway Playhouse, 526 Broadway, Santa Cruz CA 95060 (in the Art League Building)
For more information, check out our Facebook event page
or buy tickets online using the button below.
Purchase Tickets online »
In the Classroom
2nd Thursday Drop-in Drawing and Painting
Similar to our popular Monday Night Drop-in Drawing class except with longer poses and attendees may choose to either draw or paint. Live nude or draped model. Facilitated by Open Studio Artist Richard Bennett.
- Levels: Previous drawing or painting experience required. No instruction provided.
- Date and Time: 2nd Thursday of each month, 7:00 - 10:00pm
- Location: in the SCAL classroom
- Fee: $16 non-members, $14 members, $10 students
- Facilitator: Richard Bennett
More information about this and other classes can be found at our Art Classes