Santa Cruz Art League
The Santa Cruz Art League is an art gallery, theater, classroom, and gift shop. The gallery exhibits are free to the public. The Santa Cruz Art League encourages and supports a wide range of visual and performing artists, professional and recreational alike, in a welcoming environment which celebrates the arts and makes them accessible to the community.
Support the Santa Cruz Art League
In the Gallery
"Sunflower VII, EV" - Photopolymer Intaglio (Photogravure) - by Hedwig Heerschop
"Sky Blue Homes" - 10 color reduction screen print - by Jim Winters
"Soul Possession" - Reduction Woodcut - by Whitney Humphreys
Panoply of Prints
Printmaking has been expanding as an art form, from traditional methods such as engraving and woodcuts to the exciting area of printstallation. This exhibition will showcase an exciting, diverse group of printmakers and will be juried by printmaker and UC Santa Cruz Art Professor Jimin Lee.
- Exhibition: March 17, Friday to April 15, Saturday - 2017 (Easter is April 16, Sunday)
- Reception: March 25, Saturday - 3:00pm – 5:00pm
87th Annual Statewide California Landscape Exhibition
For almost nine decades, the Santa Cruz Art League’s Statewide Landscape Exhibition has showcased the work of artists across the Golden State who depict California’s foothills, mountains, seashores, and deserts of the interior and coastal regions.
- Exhibition: August 11, Friday, to September 10, Sunday - 2017
- Reception: August 19, Saturday 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Above artwork "Bellagio" by juror Frank Galuska
In the Classroom
2nd Thursday Drop-in Drawing and Painting
Similar to our popular Monday Night Drop-in Drawing class except with longer poses and attendees may choose to either draw or paint. Live nude or draped model. Facilitated by Open Studio Artist Richard Bennett.
- Levels: Previous drawing or painting experience required. No instruction provided.
- Date and Time: 2nd Thursday of each month, 7:00 - 10:00pm
- Location: in the SCAL classroom
- Fee: $16 non-members, $14 members, $10 students
- Facilitator: Richard Bennett
More information about this and other classes can be found at our Art Classes